How To Enter
- Create your own 30-second Public Service Announcement about the dangers of underage drinking (or) prescription drug abuse/misuse (or) the dangers of tobacco/nicotine: avoiding e-cigarettes, hookah and other tobacco products
- Work together, review materials on website for story ideas, be creative – and win cash plus airtime on TV and in movie theaters!
- Fill out the registration form before you submit. Make sure all of the participants are listed along with contact information.
- You can’t enter or win if you don’t fill out the registration form
- Submit your video on DVD to Video Editing Services, Inc. at 215 East High Street, Lexington, KY, 40507 859-255-9049 and include a signed copy of the Registration Form
- No digital files or emailed files please.
- Submitted entries become the property of Bluegrass Regional Prevention Center
- ENTRY DEADLINE = DECEMBER 19th, 2014 at 5:00 pm
Each entry must include ALL of the Following:
- Completed, signed Registration Form (with all participants listed for credits)
- Completed video on DVD mailed with COPY OF ENTRY FORM that includes all participants names and information
- Provide teacher/ sponsor name and contact information
Check out the “Does Prevention Work” and “Myths and Lies” tabs for story ideas!
Your video can be documentary style (a “true story” that you narrate)
Check out the Video Production Tips for excellent techniques
- Available to Kentucky residents in the 9th through 12th grades
- Any youth can submit - not just through school.
- Fill out the registration form before you submit. Make sure all of the participants are listed along with contact information. You can’t win if you are not listed!
- Your storyline must be about the dangers and prevention of underage drinking, (or) prescription drug abuse/misuse (or) the dangers of tobacco/nicotine: avoid e-cigarettes, hookah and other tobacco products. Your entry must be about “If you are underage-21, don’t drink alcohol”. The limited message of "don’t drink and drive" will not be considered for an award.
- DO NOT INCLUDE obscenities, nudity, vulgarity, extreme violence or imitating acts of suicide.
- DO NOT INCLUDE copyright protected material, such as films and music. We cannot release your winning PSA to the theaters if it includes copyright materials. Be original!
- Create a unique title for your video (“Keep it Real” is not a unique title).
- Videos can be no longer than 30-seconds.
- Youth may submit MULTIPLE entries!
Judging Criteria – Understand these criteria to WIN!
A panel of filmmakers and prevention professionals will judge submissions based on:
- How well the video depicts the message: Keep it Real: Don’t drink underage, Keep It Real: Don’t abuse/misuse prescription medication, Keep It Real: Don’t get hooked on nicotine: Avoid e-cigarettes, hookah and other tobacco products
- How well the video appeals to youth
- Use of statistics, facts or research
- Picture composition and quality
- Sound quality
- Graphics and Art Design
- IMPORTANT - A typo or misspelled word will keep your video from being considered for an award.